|First Appearance:||The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice|
Enforcer Pilot (formerly)
Turbokat Mark II
|Voice Actor:||Charlie Adler (English)|
Pamela Segall Adlon (as a young age in "An Internal Message" and "Rise Of Feral") Tadashi Miyazawa (Japanese dub)
Chance Furlong is one of the two main protagonists of SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron. Once a member of the Enforcers, he is now part of a duo of crime fighting vigilantes known as the SWAT Kats, consisting of himself and his partner Jake Clawson. Taking on the alias "T-Bone", Chance serves as the duo's pilot.
Unlike Jake, Chance is more muscular and heavy but overweight. His fur is yellowish tan with tan stripes on his arms.
Personality-wise, Chance is like Jake, he's fun loving, wild, loyal, honest, and friendly but brave, idiotic and absurd with a large appetite. He keeps this up even when under the guise of "T-Bone". However, unlike Jake he's is far more "reckless" and a risk taker pushing the Turbokat to the limit, something Jake doesn't take too honestly to, He likes to be a funny guy.
Not much is known about T-Bone's past prior to his dismissal from the Enforcers.
One day, Jake and Chance were chasing after Dark Kat as Enforcers and thanks to Chance's superior piloting, Jake was able to lock a target on Dark Kat's ship. Both were ready to shoot down the evil villain but their superior, Enforcers commander Ulysses Feral, told the two to stand down and allow him to take Dark Kat alone. Seeing the stupidity of Feral's plan, Jake and Chance decided to rebel against orders and take the shot. However, Feral used his wing to tip their's, causing Jake to miss Dark Kat and Chance to spiral out of control and crash right into the Enforcer's HQ. Needless to say, Dark Kat escape thanks to Feral's interference.
While he was okay, Feral took his anger out on Jake and Chance and dismissed them as Enforcers. He then sent them to work at the local salvage garage to pay off the damages Feral caused. Still, Jake and Chance wouldn't have it, using the parts far the salvage yard, they created the powerful Turbokat jet and many more vehicles.
The Return of SWAT KatsEdit
After Mayor Buford Manx is Retired his Tough Youngest Cousin Mayor Ted Manx's Give Order to Chance and Jake something a New Turbokat a 1936 Rolls Royce Phantom III Limo,they created the powerful Turbokat and Paint all of it and Put Turbokat Marked Two.
Madkats and the SWAT Kats:Season 1 Episode 12 Edit
Supt. Ace King reinstates Chance and Jake after Ulysses Feral's Fired and Replacement at the Enforcer Board
- In a long since forgotten interview with Co-Creator Chritian Trembly, Chance was found to wear briefs with little air planes on them. The question was about the recent episode "The Big Bacteria" where Morbulus was stripped to his underwear. The question was "Are you going to have Chance and Jake show in their underwear any time soon?" to which Trembly replied "No, but I will tell you what kind they wear so we won't have to. Chance wear briefs with Scaredy Kat Print, because he has a big link to his childhood. Jake wears plain army green boxers, because of his Enforcer background." You won't find the Interview, because the only website that had it has been deleted.
- In two episodes "An Internal Message" and "Rise Of Feral", young Chance/T-Bone is voiced by Pamela S. Adlon who is the best known for Bobby Hill in "King Of The Hill" along with young Jake/Razor.
- Chance never learned how to swim, not until he was forced to learn when trying to save Razor from drowning.
- In "Of Metal and Kats", Chance act like Jake's pet dog. but in various episodes.
- In "An Internal Message", T-Bone was dressed up as a cheerleader girl while cheering at Razor, but Razor is angry and tells T-Bone that there is no time to do the dance and he picks something else.
- Chance was eating his snacks while watching his favorite show called "Scaredy Kat".
- Chance/T-Bone's personality code is "Hunger and Wild".